[FFmpeg-devel] FFv1.3 standardization

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Sat Oct 27 18:09:14 CEST 2012

On Oct 19, 2012, at 2:18 PM, Luca Barbato wrote:

> On 10/19/2012 04:36 PM, Dave Rice wrote:
>> Have you seen the initial work here: https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1
>> Also: http://www.ffmpeg.org/~michael/ffv1.html
>> Also: http://www.ffmpeg.org/~michael/ffv1-draft/ffv1.html
>
> yes and that's why I want it moved in a format less strange (lyx is not
> common) and documented in a way that is more readable: the current draft
> is not understandable by people not having experience with code and in
> that case it still looks strange.

If not lyx do you propose another format? Texinfo?

Also some of the recent commits related to ffv1 also pertain for the specification. Rather than drafting the ffv1 specification within the current github space at https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1, would it make more sense to develop ffv1's specification within the libav/ffmpeg projects themselves (such as in http://git.libav.org/?p=libav.git;a=tree;f=doc and http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=tree;f=doc)?

Dave Rice