[FFmpeg-devel] relative fontconfig path

Helmut Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Sun Sep 2 01:09:10 CEST 2012

On 01.09.12 16:38 , Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> if you include your own fontconfig lib it has to be configured so
> that it will find its config files whereever they might be. Be that
> a file you ship with it or a system config file that may be in
> different platform specific locations.

Yes, this is exactly my point. You cannot configure fontconig to use relative
paths, but only to use absolute paths.

> I dont see how this is related to ffmpeg, the same issue arrises
> with any application that tries to include libfontconfig instead of
> using the system installed one

You are correct. I just want to make it easier for people who want to create
static binaries of ffmpeg and people who write portable apps.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek
lookup http://sks.pkqs.net for KeyID 0xC11F128D

/*