[FFmpeg-devel] FFV1.3

David Rice daverice at mac.com
Thu Sep 6 01:44:30 CEST 2012

On Aug 30, 2012, at 1:03 AM, Peter B. wrote:

> On 08/24/2012 10:56 AM, Boštjan Strojan wrote:
>> Dave:
>>
>> Could you add UT-video, huffyuv and x264 lossless to this test script?
>> (And whatever else lossless/usefull in ffmpeg)
>>
>> Usage could be:
>>
>> lossless_test.sh file.mov
>> or
>> lossless_test (without parameters it would use random noise)
>>

> This would actually go towards a lossless-codec comparison.
>
> The FFv1 test script (at least mine, not 100% sure about Dave's) is
> intended to make sure that FFv1 functions and behaves correctly and to
> automatically check for possible regressions, etc.
>
> Size and performance comparisons are a side-product of this test-suite.

Michael pointed out a flaw in my script where it produced invalid raw yuv422p9 and yuv422p10 files because I was using data from /dev/random which isn't appropriate for these pixel formats. When producing accurate test files of random data ffv1 version 3 worked (as your test also indicated).

Dave Rice