[FFmpeg-devel] Patch for new input/output hardware devices with free but not open source library acceptable?

Thijs Marinussen t.marinussen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 00:03:49 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm interested to know if a patch to support DekTec ASI/RF/SDI hardware
would have a chance of being included. Depending on the product these
devices have 1 or more ASI/RF/SDI input/output ports. My first point
of interest would be to support HD-SDI input/output.

The linux driversare open source.
The windows drivers are proprietary.
The API (which is required to use the cards) is freely re-distributable
but not open source.

As far as I know this would make it incompatible with the GPL (source
of the library is not available) but compatible with the LGPL.

Homepage: http://dektec.com/
Drivers / library: http://dektec.com/Downloads/Drivers.asp

Regards,
Thijs Marinussen