[FFmpeg-devel] evaluating the experimental status of ffv1 version 3

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Sun Sep 23 20:16:39 CEST 2012

On 09/20/2012 01:20 PM, Peter B. wrote:
> Even though the testscript is still running on <= SD material from
> Delf's collection, I've already ran the framemd5 evaluation and I've
> found errors!
>
> For the slice numbers 24 and 30, some files have broken slices.
> The error appears with different input videos and sometimes it only
> appears with GOP>1, but I've found a case where it happens with GOP=1,
> too:

I've now reproduced this error with the current git-head
(N-44711-gf25d53d) on 2 different computers and different Distros
(Debian 6.0.3/Ubuntu 11.10). Behavior is consistent, so I assume my test
is correct.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Additionally, I've now ran the tests with slice-count iterating from
2-70 (Yes, I know that only some of these values are valid, but that was
the fastest way to check if other slice-count numbers are affected, too)

The slice-count numbers producing broken slices for
"bride_close_cif.y4m" are:
24, 30 and 56.

@Michael:
Is there anything I should check?