[FFmpeg-devel] Wave header

Виталий vitalik1231 at yandex.ru
Wed Apr 17 23:36:02 CEST 2013

Hello, how patch wav format ? When I convert audio into wav, size of header is 80 bytes (or 46 if comment ff_riff_write_info in libavformat/wavenc.c), I want wav which have 44 bytes header (and without any metadata), I must use "ffmpeg -i ... -f s16le tmp.dat" and then "mplayer -demuxer rawaudio -rawaudio rate=44100:channels=2:samplesize=2 -ao pcm tmp.dat" to get "normal" wav file, many program can't read ffmpeg's wav file, they read 44 bytes of header, and others data use as sound, sometimes it caused broken byteorder, or they say that file is broken and can't read file at all. So I want get "correct" wav from ffmpeg directly. Sorry for my bad english :)