[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg configure for ios - using asm options causes MPx (mp1, mp2, mp3) codecs sound problems

Murat Sudan murat.sudan at argela.com.tr
Sat Apr 20 12:36:52 CEST 2013

I've made many tests to get good performance for video decoding with ffmpeg
on low cpu idevices such as iPad 1 and iPhone 3Gs, and see that using asm
option when configuring ffmpeg for cross compiling for ios is very very
important for performance..

But when I configure with --enable-asm, the audio stream which using
mpx(mp1,mp2,mp) codec sounds squeaky. If I configure with --disable-asm
option, than mpx(mp1,mp2,mp) codec sounds well but then the performance is
%50 percent of the previous one built with the --enable-asm option...

I've also tested these with the ffmpeg versions that are 0.8, 0.9, 0.10,
0.11, 1.0,1.1,1.2 All of them produces same results...

Can anyone have the same problem with me ? Also, any idea how can I fix
this issue ? please advice me .. (I can not find any patch to fix this
issue on the net or in ffmpeg forums.)

-mg