[FFmpeg-devel] [WIP] zmq filters

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Apr 21 19:21:01 CEST 2013

Le duodi 2 floréal, an CCXXI, Stefano Sabatini a écrit :
> this is a generalization of the current undocumented feature of ffmpeg
> which allows to read interactive commands from stdin, and makes use of
> libzmq instead (so the commands can be sent from a different
> machine/process/thread), and it is possible to have several zmq client
> as well (since the zmq filter is acting server).

Is this library really used? This is the first time I heard of it. Are there
readily-available command-line clients?

> Requires libzmq version 3.2 or later.

Is it really necessary? A lot of people will be stuck for a lot of time with
2.2.0, since this is what is present in the incoming Debian stable.

> +enabled libx264    && require  libzmq zmq.h zmq_ctx_new -lzmq &&

I suspect you forgot to change one bit of you copy-paste.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George