[FFmpeg-devel] A unification project you all may be interested in.

MainConcept Apps Support support at mainconcept.com
Fri Apr 26 22:45:49 CEST 2013

Hi Danny,

I've forwarded your information along to the engineering team, and if they see merit in it they will contact you.

Regards,
Dave--------------- Original Message ---------------From: NiuDanny [dannyniu at hotmail.com]Sent: 4/25/2013 8:24 AMTo: videolan at videolan.org;
libav-devel at libav.org;
support at mainconcept.com;
ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.orgSubject: A unification project you all may be interested in.

Greetings, all. The story starts a few days ago, when I was browsing the web for specifications of codecs to implement myself, who's a open-source guy. And the problem was if I was to buy a copy of the specification, I'll be so broke, that's when I realized that's way there are so many codec library distributors. However, there was also a problem, is that I'll have to write different codes, to use different libraries. It's not like Unix, every function every dime has a specification. The only specifications are for the formats, rather than the coding functions the APIs. That's why I decided to write this. I've posted my work drafts here https://sourceforge.net/projects/dlv/, and attached a PDF copy in this email as well. I hope to hear from you soon. Tech. DannyNiu.

ref:_00D409pu7._50040QoepH:ref