[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] af_pan: Separate layout from the args list

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Tue Apr 30 00:15:26 CEST 2013

Le primidi 11 floréal, an CCXXI, Michael Niedermayer a écrit :
> I tried to seperate the first parameter out of the ad_pan list, the
> attached patch is what i came up with, sadly it fails because for
> example stereo:c0=c0 has its second argument interpreted as a key=value
> and that key doesnt exist.
> It shouldnt be hard to add some kind of hack to avoid this failure but
> somehow i dont like the direction of piling up hacks this takes ...

I have no objection to deprecating the "c0=" syntax for something easier, if
someone can come up with something that is both compatible with the generic
system and practical.

I could suggest this: add some flag somewhere in the AVFilter structure that
says "this filter can deal with unknown options", and then pass the unknown
options to init.

For example, there could be an option called "*" pointing to a field of type
AVDictionary: if av_dict_set does not find the option, it adds the key-value
pair to the dictionary. I have not finished to think this through yet, but
that may be a worthy idea.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George