[FFmpeg-devel] [LOGO] Font for "FFmpeg" wordmark

Timothy Gu timothygu99 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 05:05:13 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM, Lou Logan <lou at lrcd.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the logo going to be used for?

A various of purposes. Two of them are a) that I think it would be
better to also provide a vector format to the Submitting Logo wiki
page and b) having the SVG logo in git repo (I don't care which,
ffmpeg or ffmpeg-web) is always good for SVG logo-finder.

> The logo is already in SVG: the current "3D" logo as shown on the
> website by Hervé Flores, and a "2D" version I made intended for
> color limited printing where gradients may not be an option.

Dammit. I think I'll just fix your "3D" version instead of redrawing
mine (the bitmap tracing in Inkscape is anything but good).

> I also attempted to find out information about the typeface, but I never
> got any replies from Hervé Flores who created the current logo, so I
> ended up having to use the text outlines from the attached SVG file
> 'fflogo-flores.svg'. Better than nothing and still vector, but not
> ideal.

It's better than mine :P

> Note to future self: I recommend usage of a font with a free license
> for any official redesigns.

+1
Also, use a free software vector image editor (I can see that you are
using Adobe Illustrator).

> Please let me know if you find out. If not then I'll ask him via a
> letter.

No, I am not able to find out.

> Hervé's contact info:
>
> herve.flores at free.fr
> herve at whynotflores.com
> http://www.whynotflores.com/

Seems like his website has not been updated since 2011.

Also, I found this: http://movieconverter-studio.com/home_en.htm ,
which is definitely made by THE Hervé Flores. And it points to contact
at movieconverter-studio.com .

Timothy