[FFmpeg-devel] Piece of code to parallelize

Timothy Gu timothygu99 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 02:42:10 CEST 2013

On Monday, August 19, 2013, LuizGuilherme CM wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I'm doing a term paper about parallel programming and my teacher asked me
> to parallelize a piece of code at production. So, I found FFmpeg, which
> work with a big array and has good chance to be parallelized, but I'm
> having a hard time looking into the code and find a good and the right
> piece to work out.

Most common/popular codecs are already highly parallelized. Also FFmpeg has
a special framework for easing parallelizing, not sure whether this is what
your teacher wants.

> If someone has some document which I didn't find before and could help me
> with this I appreciate.

Did you check
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blob;f=doc/multithreading.txt
;hb=HEAD<http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blob;f=doc/multithreading.txt;h=2b992fcbc53325577ad838dcf62519ff38493121;hb=HEAD>
 ?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to send this.