[FFmpeg-devel] N-59134-g1c67ad9 seems to breakavformat_open_input, avformat_find_stream_info

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Mon Dec 16 07:52:09 CET 2013

>On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 01:18:47AM -0500, Don Moir wrote:
>> Just built  N-59134-g1c67ad9 from latest download and avformat_open_input and avformat_find_stream_info don't seem to work
>> anymore.
>>
>> I use windows.
>>
>> An mp3 passed avformat_open_input and failed in avformat_find_stream_info.
>>
>> A video file failed in avformat_open_input. These are files I play all the time and no file seems to work anymore.

>fate is green, which includes windows and fate passes fine here
>locally on mingw32 & 64
>so i cannot reproduce the problem you describe
>maybe you could provide more details and try a fresh checkout /
>make distclean maybe
>git bisect, error messages, which fate tests fail, ... may also be
>usefull

Just did a fresh download and build and same problem. Now N-59141-g48d39c8 (mingw32)

Everything builds and links as expected.

Some build flags I use:

--disable-muxers
--disable-avfilter
--enable-shared

The first av_log message I get for any file is:

"Value 2147483648.000000 for parameter 'blocksize' out of range [1 - 2.14748e+009]"

I don't get this message in previously working build and get something normal.

I will see if I can come up with some more details on it.