[FFmpeg-devel] the proper way to handle a special colorspace?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Feb 10 17:29:00 CET 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 05:08:43PM +0100, u-bo1b at 0w.se wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to make the Cinepak decoder in FFmpeg compliant with
> the de-facto Cinepak format definition, which uses a non-standard colorspace.
>
> What would be the proper place and way to do the conversion?
>
> The pixel format is declared as YUP420P which is almost true, but the
> conversion matrix which for the format is defined from/to BGR24 must
> be different.
>
> Where in FFmpeg source should the fix belong to possibly reuse the
> existing conversion code (which code?)?

see swscale sws_setColorspaceDetails(), ff_yuv2rgb_coeffs and related
code

also see AVColorSpace and structs close by

Note, theres some code still missing to connect these so sws
automatically is setup correctly for the actual decoder output

When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your
own failings. Then you will forget your anger. -- Epictetus