[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] vf_yadif: silence a warning.

James Darnley james.darnley at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 14:27:09 CET 2013

On 2013-02-14 00:45, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 09:30:55PM +0100, James Darnley wrote:
>> I want to start a discussion about reverting this commit.  Does anyone
>> agree with me that this is ugly?  All this change just to silence one
>
> yes its ugly
>

>> warning that I thought an existing void pointer cast was there for.
>> This is my only complaint about it.  It does what it says quite well.

Is it ugly enough that you would be willing to commit a revert?  Or are
these changes wanted because the existing line (quoted below) wasn't
enough to make that compiler be quiet.

> yadif->filter_line = (void*)filter_line_c_16bit;

Quick link:
> http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blob;f=libavfilter/vf_yadif.c;hb=HEAD#l204

So that it is clear:
filter_line is defined/declared with uint8_t data pointers whereas
filter_line_c_16bit is defined/declared with uin16_t data pointers.