[FFmpeg-devel] Vid.stab video stabilization ready for libavfilter

Georg Martius georg.martius at web.de
Wed Feb 20 23:06:22 CET 2013

Dear ffmpeg developers,

I am the author of the vid.stab [1] video stabilization library that is used
in transcode so far.
Now I have implemented filters for libavfilter which work great.
The code-base was completely restructured and is now independent of transcode
and available as a library. The code is on github [2].

How can it become part of ffmpeg?
a) the library becomes part of ffmpeg (a subdir in the tree)
b) the library stays stand-alone and only the two filter files go into the
libavfilter directory.

I would like to keep the implementation of the lib independent of ffmpeg to be
able to integrate it into other tools.
What is your opinion?

I have a couple of other more detailed questions I will ask in a separate
thread.

Best regards,
  Georg

[1] http://public.hronopik.de/vid.stab