[FFmpeg-devel] The OpenCL support in ffmpeg.

Wei Gao highgod0401 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 03:10:51 CET 2013

2013/2/26 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:39:22AM +0800, Wei Gao wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We found that ffmpeg does not has any OpenCL support, and we are happy to
> > offer some help to community, such as documents sample codes. If
> community
> > has any requirment, we are happe to do something for community.
>
> OpenCL support is very welcome in ffmpeg.
> What we need primarely for OpenCL in ffmpeg to move forward is a
> maintainer, that is someone who reviews patches, fixes bugs and
> keeps the OpenCL related code in good shape.
> Such maintainer would need to have a personal git repository (for
> example on github) where he does this maintaince work. And whenever
> he is happy with what is in his repository he would ask for it to be
> merged into main ffmpeg.
>
> Maybe you want to do this maintaince work ?
>
> Hi

Yes, I am very happy to do this work, I think it is my pleasure.And also I
think I will learen a lot from the community.We have submit a OpenCL patch
contains deshake filter and an OpenCL wrapper. We want to make the OpenCL
wrapper convenient that developers do not need to foucus on the OpenCL
initial works. And if this patch accept, we will submit other patches we
have written, such as scale filter and opendecode for h264 and mpeg2,
openencode for h264.

Thanks
Best regards.