[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH] Pass PRIVATE_STREAM_2 MPEG-PS packets to caller

Richard peper03 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 20:48:00 CET 2013

On 26/02/13 19:46, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 2/26/13, Richard <peper03 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On 25/02/13 17:23, Richard wrote:
>>>
>>> If you are ok with my suggestions above, I'll create a new patch to
>>> parse and merge the packets, setting the fields as required.
>>
>> Assuming no reply is an 'ok', I've attached a new patch.  This patch
>> only passes the two packets as used on DVDs with the codec
>> AV_CODEC_ID_DVD_NAV.  The packets are combined and the pts and duration
>> fields of the AVPacket are set based on the contents of the PCI packet.
>
> Those this works for you?
>
> (Note that there is no sense in applying something that nobody use / is useless)

It works in as much as I get the packets through.  I don't have the full
processing written yet, as there didn't seem to be much point investing
time in that until the 'foundations' are in place.

In the end, this change is pretty small but it's very difficult (if not
impossible) to cover all the different playback scenarios without being
able to pass this metadata through the chain.  It certainly makes life
*much* easier for the calling application if all packets follow the same
route.

Richard.