[FFmpeg-devel] lavu/opencl: questions about opencl create binary file

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 10:09:23 CEST 2013

On date Tuesday 2013-07-02 14:29:09 +0800, Wei Gao encoded:
> Hi,
>
> Because we have add opencl options, so can we use it to control the
> creation of binary which can avoid opencl be compiled every time?
>

> My idea is that add the use build options to control the binary file
> creation and load path, a flag to control whether to rewrite the binary file

I'm not sure I understand, do you want to use the OpenCL build option
or do you want to introduce another option? If the already existing
options can be used, we should prefer that rather than makeing the
interface more complex.

> is it OK
>

> btw, another question.Can we modified the deshake and unsharp filter to
> detect the opencl first, if opencl can run, then use opencl as default?

Add a third option opencl=auto, which will automatically enable the
opencl path if opencl is available. This allows the user to disable
opencl if she doesn't want it for whatever reason (e.g. in case it
crashes).

Then I'm not against to change the default value to auto.
--
FFmpeg = Fanciful & Funny Maxi Philosofic Enlightening God