[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Sending H.264 stream to multiple containers

Peng howtofly at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 13:47:07 CEST 2013

> If I create and MP4 file, I can remux it with: ffmpeg -i in.mp4 -c
> copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb out.ts thus my expectation is that the
> h264_mp4toannexb filter should be able to add the packet header when
> doing:ffmpeg -i INPUT -map 0 -flags +global_header -c:v libx264 -c:a
> libvo_aacenc -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb out.ts which is not the case
> since this will result in an error when parsing the header.

It is reasonable to expect the filter to put the header back. However,
the problem is that '-flags +global_header -c:v ' libx264' does not give
you MP4-compliant stream, instead it gives you normal Annex B stream
without repeated headers before every key frame, which h264_mp4toannexb
does not deal with.

If convenient, you may upload the broken MP4 file, and let me check out
what's going on.

--
Peng