[FFmpeg-devel] Microsoft Smoothstreaming - Need help

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Jul 22 10:34:58 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
> Right. We'd better avoid a dependency on libstdc++.

The dependency is not the only problem. Interfacing something not c++ with
c++ is hell, it would require rewriting the most of the demuxer in c++ too,
and that would cause whole a lot of problems, starting with the fact that
even more than a decade after, there are no two compilers that implement the
standard the same way.

> What about libroxml? http://www.libroxml.net/ . The website claims:
> "The stripped binary is about 50K."

Did you work with it, or did you just find it on Google? This is a real
question: it seems very obscure, it is not even packaged by Debian (which
would make the users' life harder), and there is no way of telling whether
this is serious or not (API stability, bugs, support for non-English
charsets, etc.).

Le quartidi 4 thermidor, an CCXXI, Hendrik Leppkes a écrit :
> Whats wrong with libxml2?

You mean, apart from the weekly security issues?

> Granted, it will most likely be huge in comparison to some of those
> "tiny" libraries, however its also most likely already present on most
> *nix systems.

I think it is a shame that the W3C did not think of specifying a basic
subset of XML (no named entities apart from the built-in ones; only UTF-8;
no processing directives). That would make everyone's lofe easier.

Do ms's manifest files use advanced XML features?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George