[FFmpeg-devel] Implementing Octave for JP2 Image processing for FFmpeg

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 16:21:10 CEST 2013

On date Wednesday 2013-07-24 08:15:19 +0530, Vineet Kumar encoded:
> Hi Everyone,

> I am a student. Basically I want to implement image enhancement, image
> deblurring, feature detection, noise reduction, image segmentation,
> geometric transformations, and image registration via Octave in JPEG2000.
> So it can improve the performance and visuals of image. Reply if you find
> this intresting and help me to get it started with FFmpeg so I can
> implement this.

Many of these features are already implemented in libavfilter.

About Octave bindings, I see two paths: to integrate (e.g. through a
filter) Octave scripting, so that the user applies an Octave script to
the image, and the image is passed back modified to FFmpeg.

Alternatively you can consider to call libavfilter from Octave. We are
considering to write some SWIG bindings, check if the Octave scripting
language is supported.

Note that this is not related at all with JPEG2000, the image is
decoded before being filtered, and the compression scheme used to
store the image is independent from the filtering process.
--
FFmpeg = Foolish & Free Martial Programmable Empowered Guru