[FFmpeg-devel] ftp fix seeking beyond file size

Lukasz M lukasz.m.luki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 15:57:34 CEST 2013

Hello,

I attached a patch for review. The aim is to keep ffplay behaviour
when seeking beyond end of file the same as for file protocol.
I checked file protocol implementation and the result lseek is
returned. I made some tests and it returns passed offset value even
when it is greater than file size.
I modified ftp protocol to do the same and it works. Just want to
confirm it is correct solution and not a bug that covers other bug.

When offset was set to real file size and that value was returned then
ffplay kinda hangs.
There is a seek to 0 position done and many reads, but screen doesn't change.

Best Regads,
Lukasz Marek