[FFmpeg-devel] (no subject)

Stephen Hutchinson qyot27 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 13:14:49 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is bug, and as such should be reported, not ignored.

Of course.  The original email was supposed to be a cover letter for the
patch I submitted that adds ULH0 and ULH2, and that was simply a summary of
issues and concerns encountered during patch testing (I screwed up when
using git send-email and had to re-send the patch separately).

The problem is that this bug is only exposed with the patch, because it
seems that the libutvideo decoder can properly initialize when called on
those formats which *both* decoders support.  It's only with the two new
ones that are unique to libutvideo where the native decoder seems to get in
the way, since the native decoder is apparently used to probe the file
first, then hands it over to libutvideo.  This probing fails with the new
formats, which causes the rest of it to fail.