[FFmpeg-devel] (no subject)

Stephen Hutchinson qyot27 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 03:07:14 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Stephen Hutchinson <qyot27 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Ut Video version 13.0.1 introduced two new variants,
> > ULH0 and ULH2, which are analogous to the existing
> > ULY0 and ULY2, except that they're explicitly meant
> > for BT.709.
>
> Could you provide samples?
> Sorry if I misunderstand but doesn't this mean that
> the other related tags should decode to YUVJ
> pix_fmts and the new fourccs to YUV (without J)?
>
> I don't think so.  The references I'm seeing look as though the YUVJ
format(s) are for full range luma, whereas Rec.601 and Rec.709 are for
color representation (at least when referred to in situations like this; in
actuality, Rec.709 standardizes the format specs of high-definition
television, which obviously includes a lot more than color primaries).

Samples:
ULH0: http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/3404d107
ULH2: http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/9c1499eb