[FFmpeg-devel] [Libav-user] Building with MSVC toolchain resulting in seeking problem?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 09:26:22 CET 2013

On Mar 13, 2013, at 08:52, Bjoern Drabeck wrote:
> Btw I think there are still a couple more issues with the configure going wrong sometimes, depending what options I choose. Bit later when I got more time I can create a list of options and outcomes.. Will try to see if I can get a debug build to work which allows me to step into the code, with the feedback from John

The easiest way to get the best possible debugging experience would of course be to change av_get_cpu_flags as below. This removes the dependency on dead-code stripping, and is all that ought to be required if indeed the only linking errors you get are about the 3 worker functions called. (And frankly, is this really so unreadable that it is preferable to leave the stripping to the compiler rather than doing it explicitly?)

int av_get_cpu_flags(void)
{
    if (checked)
        return flags;
#ifdef ARCH_ARM
    if (ARCH_ARM) flags = ff_get_cpu_flags_arm();
#endif
#ifdef ARCH_PPC
    if (ARCH_PPC) flags = ff_get_cpu_flags_ppc();
#endif
#ifdef ARCH_X86
    if (ARCH_X86) flags = ff_get_cpu_flags_x86();
#endif

    checked = 1;
    return flags;
}