[FFmpeg-devel] Adding SILK support to ffmpeg

Ahmed, Safayet N gtg778w at gatech.edu
Tue Mar 26 23:16:01 CET 2013

Hello,

Is there an existing project to add support for SILK to the avcodec library in ffmpeg.

I've been playing around with ffmpeg a little. I would be doing this (very) part-time, but I wouldn't mind taking a whack at adding a wrapper AVCodec object to ffmpeg to use the existing SILK library distributed by Skype. Would this be allowed (in terms of licensing and legal requirements)?

I understand that ffmpeg would then have to be built with the "--enable-nonfree" configurtaion option, which is already true for "libfaac".

thanks!

Safayet Ahmed