[FFmpeg-devel] FATE tests: FFV1

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Sun Nov 3 22:35:42 CET 2013

On 11/03/2013 09:53 PM, Peter B. wrote:
> On 11/03/2013 09:37 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> Of course creating artificial source files in different
>> pix_fmts would be welcome!
> I think I've already spotted where vsynth[12].yuv are generated...
> Will take a look.

I've now read myself a bit into tests/videogen.c and tests/utils.c.
The vsynth[12].yuv files' properties (pix_fmt and resolution) are
hardcoded inside the videogen tool.
I also saw that the rgb-to-yuv conversion is done directly in
tests/utils.c, to yuv420p only.
:(

It makes perfect sense to have small, dependency-free tool to generate
the reference videos.

I will not tamper with this.
So my FATE tests will have to stay as they are, for the time being.
(I've grately speeded them up now: from 1m20s down to 20s!)

Regards,
Pb