[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] fix problem receiving udp multicast

Deti Fliegl deti at fliegl.de
Wed Nov 20 17:54:46 CET 2013

On 20.11.13 10:23, Ed Torbett wrote:

> Full RFC4570 support was added early august. The lack of binding is not what's stopping decoding, as udp.c contains code to filter based on source address outside of the binding.
>
> If you're not using SDP files, make sure you use the ?sources= parameter to set the multicast source addresses. If you are using SDP files then as stated in RFC4570 you should be using the source-filter attribute to specify the source address.
It clearly does not work with rtsp URLs and rtsp_transport set to
udp_multicast. The SDP cannot contain any predefined IP address as the
server could answer in unicast or multicast. In my example the SDP looks
like this:
v=0
o=- 1188340656180883 1 IN IP4 172.16.1.147
s=Session streamed with GStreamer
i=rtsp-server
t=0 0
a=tool:GStreamer
a=type:broadcast
a=control:*
a=range:npt=now-
a=clock-domain:PTPv2 0
a=sync-time:0
m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 97
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
a=rtpmap:97 L16/48000/2
a=control:stream=0

The resulting URL in rtsp.c line 1530 is rtp://224.3.2.0:5000?ttl=1

IMHO the rtsp code does not use sources when they are needed most. So
what would you?

Deti