[FFmpeg-devel] ATRAC3+ support

Maxim Polijakowski max_pole at gmx.de
Wed Oct 2 01:42:38 CEST 2013

Am 01.10.2013 17:53, schrieb Michael Niedermayer:
> Its not neutral if one submits patches to one project but
> not the other.
> Thats pretty much the definition of neutral vs. non neutral.
>
> yes, it is a matter of 2 seconds to add ffmpeg-devel to the CC of
> your mails.
> Seperate patches that are based on ffmpeg and are fully tested
> might be a bit more work but then that makes sure they have been
> tested and work in ffmpeg, and thats very important!
>
> duplicate review as in "more people reviewing code" doesnt sound like
> a bad thing to me.
>
> More bugs/issues might be found and it might be thus more work
> fixing them but thats what reviews are for, finding and fixing issues.

I agree with you that having more people reviewing code isn't a bad
thing. I'm always happy and thankful when someone helps me to find and
fix bugs/issues in my code.

Unfortunately, I spent alot of my time in the past fixing things
completely unrelated to the functionality in order to make my patches
pass countless FFmpeg review rounds. It was all about coding style,
spelling, formatting etc. I simply believe that there are more important
things I can contribute to FFmpeg than submitting pretty-printed and
well formatted patches.

I would like to ask the question the other way round: is there any
developer(s) interested in helping me to integrate my ATRAC3+ code into
FFmpeg?

The reason why the Libav project is currently working on my patches is
that Diego and Kostya offer me a helping hand (and not my personal
failure at being neutral)...

Best regards
Maxim