[FFmpeg-devel] Add version numbers information for Windows binaries

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Oct 17 02:11:01 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 06:10:40PM -0300, James Almer wrote:
> On 16/10/13 4:24 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> >> FFmpeg does not provide any binaries (only source code), but
> >> there are some available for Windows at:
> >> http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
> >>
> >> The binary will tell you the version number in the console output:
> >
> > maybe i misunderstand but dont windows exes have some version metadata
> > in them? and if i remember that right, do we set that ?
> > If we dont, then we should, and someone should fix that (not me
> > as iam no windows devel)
>
> If you mean embedded resource data in an exe or dll, then no, we don't
> set that.
>

> I submitted a patch to add support for that using GNU windres some time
> ago. I can rebase it and submit it again for review if there's interest.

i think its a good idea but i dont know if everyone else likes it.

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."