[FFmpeg-devel] Extracting NTP timestamp from RTCP

Fred Rothganger frothga at sandia.gov
Wed Oct 23 01:19:02 CEST 2013

On 10/22/2013 01:03 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> I certainly wouldn't call you idiot for it, not least because I am not
> sure it will work, but wouldn't that timestamp belong into
> AVFormatContext.metadata? av_dict_set etc. to set it, other dict
> functions to access, a grep should find you lots of examples.

That certainly sounds like a cleaner way to access the data. I started
digging around in the code to find a good place to set a metadata entry
from first_rtcp_ntp_time. Came upon AVFormatContext.start_time_realtime.
It appears to only be used by RTP encoding functions. Might it make
sense to set this field during RTP decoding? The semantics seem to be
exactly what I'm looking for.

-- Fred