[FFmpeg-devel] About ffmpeg lib

Timothy Gu timothygu99 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 00:52:50 CEST 2013

On Oct 25, 2013 1:27 AM, "kalla dalayya" <dalu547 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> 1.   In ffmpeg 2.0.2 ,there is no *avcodec_init() *function in
> libavcodec.but *avcodec_register_all()* is there.
> 2.In ffmpeg previoud versions both avcodec_init() and
> avcodec_register_all() are there.
>
>  so please explain us for these.We want to get effects like bass,treble
and
> eq .

First of all, this belongs to the FFmpeg-devel mailing list.

Second of all, avcodec_init is deprecated in libavcodec 54, which means you
can only find the function in FFmpeg 0.10.*

Third of all, according to 0.10 series Doxygen,
http://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/0.10/deprecated.html, just use
avcodec_register_all which is safe to use with both the old and the new
APIs.

(cc'ing the person as it seems that he/she is not subscribed)

Timothy