[FFmpeg-devel] iSight camera support

Vadim Kalinsky vadim at kalinsky.ru
Tue Oct 29 16:55:14 CET 2013

> My main comment would be about the use of QTKit which is now deprecated
> with osx 10.9 in favour of the AVFoundation framework

Yes, I know that. It's hard to miss big red "DEPRECATED" notices in QTKit reference :-)
QTKit was used just for backward compatibility.

Actually it would make more sense to create sort of "osxmedia" indev which supports all the QTKit/AVFoundation capture devices, including audio.

> Using the AVFoundation framework has the benefit of working on iOs

Hm good point.

Vadim Kalinsky

vadim at kalinsky.ru            **            http://kalinsky.ru