[FFmpeg-devel] Selective video compression qualities

Aviv Hurvitz aviv.hurvitz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 23:09:35 CEST 2013

Thanks for your answers.

In my search across the web, I found the following commit to the x264
source code that I believe will do what I want.

See function
 x264_adaptive_quant_frame()

http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi/x264.git/?a=commit;h=a6c6afa85053443dc459e096e8e681dc21d43ade

Michael, would you say I'm on the right track? I'm sorry if the question is
very basic, I just learned what MB and QP mean a few days ago :)

Also has anyone had experience with doing this ROI-specific QP setting and
would care to give me pointers and/or source code ?

Many thanks!