[FFmpeg-devel] How much work would it be to add support for custom metadata to mov container?

Nikolai Weibull now at disu.se
Mon Sep 9 18:31:26 CEST 2013

Hi!

How much work would it be to add support for custom metadata to mov container?

It’s very irritating to see ffmpeg output metadata to the terminal
that it’s claiming that it’s outputting to the mov just to find that
the resulting mov doesn’t actually include any of it.

I would love for ffmpeg to, for example, retain the location metadata
that the iPhone stores in the videos that I record using it.