[FFmpeg-devel] Small modifcation to libavformat/dvbsubdec.c

JULIAN GARDNER joolzg at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 16 23:18:20 CEST 2013

>> To a native english speaker this is clear, You can only set a one of the 3
>> bits.
>>

>> So its either ffmpeg follows spec, or ffmpeg follows Michaels interpretation
>> of the spec.
>
>Please refrain from such attacks.

What attack!

Im sorry if you feel this was an attack, but I have tried to do whats best for ffmpeg, if you feel that my contributions are not useful then I will stop posting any fixes which i think will make this a better product.

This is the 2nd time Micheal has decided that his interpretation of the DVB Specs are correct even though 99% of all code i have worked on works as per the specification.

If you do not want my 15+ years of DVB experience to count, then just say so and I will stop posting any fixes or updates that I have.

Currently in my own personal tree are

Complete
1. DVB Teletext language parsing
2. DVB Teletext SI generation for -c:s copy

In Progress
1. DVB Subtitles fix for -c:s copy, in progress

2. Partial work on multi table support for DVB Si Tables
3. Partial rewrite of mpegts.c using BITSTREAM

In Planning
1. EIT Table decoding and generation, so we can add metadata to streams generated with the correct program information

2. DVB Teletext, image resizing/positioning

These are all needed I see to take ffmpeg forward on the DVB Side of encoding/transcoding.

joolz