[FFmpeg-devel] Small modifcation to libavformat/dvbsubdec.c

JULIAN GARDNER joolzg at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 18 00:09:33 CEST 2013

>________________________________

I have tried on everything i can, but cant test a real world stream as the encode to dvb fails with the timestamp interleave problem, this was one thing i was going to work on.

>thats just how ffmpeg development has gone in the past. someone writes
>a demuxer/decoder. then a sample comes along that is broken. then a
>patch to fix it. repeat repeat repeat. but when there is no sample, its
>scary to us to change the behavior that has worked for 10 years.

But catering for BROKEN streams should not be the default, there should be a switch to say to the drivers to allow non-spec behaviour.

>we value your contributions j00lz. we are just scared of changes
>without samples.

Well i cannot give you a sample as the only ones I have are from broken encoders and under NDA as the companies dont want people to know about these problems.