[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] avfilter/yadif: Check more fields for the spatial/temporal decission

Sal Kennedy mugfunky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 04:13:26 CEST 2013

>so noone cares about deinterlacing ?

i'm just about to attempt to apply this and try it out.  i'm a bit noob
with anything but "git pull make install", but i'm very much interested in
this change.

i definitely care about deinterlacing - even though most people would
rather it never existed, i have to deal with it all the time (i'm thinking
specifically of HD->SD downrezzing here) and interlace must be dealt with.

more motion-checking is essential for HD downrezzing as the detail (esp on
motion graphics) is just so much higher than SD world, and current yadif
gets thrown off a little.

i'll post back with my thoughts, but so long as there's no extra false
negatives with this approach, i think it'll be a great change.