[FFmpeg-devel] vdd ffmpeg notes

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 13:04:37 CEST 2013

On date Thursday 2013-09-19 22:44:39 -0400, compn encoded:
[...]
> 4. people want more changelog entries from us, especially when a
> behavior is changed. they dont like reading git log. api changes as
> well.

API changes are documented in doc/APIchanges, new additions or tool
compatibility issues in the Changelog, both may need a bit more love
but they are better than nothing.

> 5. vlc wants to try to support the 3d bluray h264 mvc thing. not sure
> if that needs a sponsor? we'll probably also need the hardware + blurays
> to test such things. i dont know what part needs to be added. demuxer?
> someone mentioned decoding two streams at once should already work?

One possibility would be to start to use tickets for this sort of
things. We could use the tag "sponsor" or "bounty" when relevant to
make such tickets easier to spot.

FFmpeg = Fantastic & Freak Magical Power Experimenting Gadget