[FFmpeg-devel] winter banner vote

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 24 23:52:35 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-24 10:58 +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Saturday 2013-09-21 13:09:05 +0200, Alexander Strasser encoded:
> >   winter banner deadline should now have flown by even in the west of
> > the united states and beyond.
> >
> >   So it's time to vote.
> >
> >   Unfortunately we have only one submitted entry by me. So this season's
> > vote will be about changing the banner or keeping it as is. So vote +1
> > for changing and -1 for keeping; an end result of >0 will mean change.
> >
> >   Have a look in ticket #2891:
> >   https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2891
> >
> >   Please vote until September 23 23:59 UTC.
>
> Probably to increase the number of applications we should accept any
> theme, not necessarily inspired by the incoming season. The designs
> could be reused also for printing T-shirts and stuff (assuming we
> require a feasible license).

  I am not sure it was necessarily because of the theme that there
were so few entries. I would like to try once again with the seasonal
approach for this winter. Let's do an open contest next year and see
what will come out of it.

  Lou tried once to go about the license thing. I put on my TODO list
to bring this up once again. I would really like to use fair licenses
that make it possible for more people to use the creations getting
submitted every year.

> BTW I believe the subject of this thread is wrong.

  I typo'd it in the subject and carried it through. My fault.

  Alexander