[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg latest build break with indev qtkit

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Thu Apr 3 16:48:09 CEST 2014

Am 02.04.14 19:57, schrieb Reimar Döffinger:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 07:31:34PM +0200, Thilo Borgmann wrote:

>>> Last working version of ffmpeg... meaning version
>>> that builds without having to disable qtkit was...
>>>
>>>     2.2-2014-03-28-61906-g92005c2
>>
>> Looking at FATE it seems that (even latest) GCC (4.8.2 stable & 4.9.0 dev) does
>> not compile these headers.
>>
>> All clang's seem to be ok, except for those failing at other parts of the code...
>>
>> If someone wants to write a patch that enables qtkit only if clang is enabled
>> (or compiler != gcc) then feel free to do it. I will need some time to figure it
>> out - I'm not familiar with the build system...
>
> If the headers don't compile, can't you just test that in configure?

I think "check_header QTKit/QTKit.h" should already test for that since the
failing QTMoveModernizer.h is included vom QTKit.h... shouldn't it?

Thus I don't know why it passes the test and fails to build then... there seems
not to be an easy (and compatible) way to determine OSX version to explicitly
also check for QTMovieModernizer.h as well, because it then could fail for
non-existence or fail to compile.
(modernizer exists for osx >= 10.7 and has to be compiled, not required for osx
< 10.7)

-Thilo