[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: Inline asm fixes for Intel compiler on Windows

Matt Oliver protogonoi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 14:52:59 CEST 2014

> declaration after statement

Sorry, fixed in new patch.

> CABAC needs to be inline asm to really benefit. Add the call overhead
> and the limitations on reordering code, and the benefit melts away.
> If ICL can't build it, it should just be excluded, but external asm
> doesn't work for the CABAC case without performance regressions.

I figured as much which is why I asked in the first place (although I had a
spare hour or 2 and wrote it up after sending that email anyway). I did
have a previous patch that just excluded the cabac stuff when icl was
detected but it hasnt as yet been applied. If the current patch gets
applied ill write up a new one so that cabac is excluded under icl.