[FFmpeg-devel] Addition of a gamma flag to EXR reader

Gonzalo Garramuno ggarra13 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 23:53:06 CEST 2014

I have a user of my program and of ffmpeg which needs to do operations
in float precission to obtain a better movie.  Currently, the video
filter gamma seems like it is done after the conversion of EXR 32/16bits
into an unsigned integer.  This creates a lot of banding artifacts.
I was wondering if it would be looked with good eyes that I went ahead
with a patch to add a gamma flag to the EXR loader.
If this would require some money to be accepted I can ask if it is possible.