[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Implementation of closed caption support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Aug 4 22:24:08 CEST 2014

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 10:16:25PM +0200, Gisle Sælensminde wrote:
> Den 04. aug. 2014 21:58, skrev Reimar Döffinger:
> >*scratches head* I wonder now if you misunderstood or if you discarded the
> >variant I pointed out due to effort/complexity?
>
> Or because I don't know all the parts of the ffmpeg code well enough.

I grouped that under "misunderstood" :)

> Since both you and others has suggested that this is a good way to do it, I
> will look into it and see how it can be done. Thanks for your answers.

It would be very welcome (at least by me).
But, I have to say that it will lead down a path with lots of unknowns
and risks.
So while I'd be really happy for you to work in this direction,
I think I should be so fair to say there's a risk that you
might decide to give up on it in the end and then have to do one
of the other approaches anyway.

Regards,
Reimar