[FFmpeg-devel] rectification filter

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sun Aug 10 15:36:04 CEST 2014

Le tridi 23 thermidor, an CCXXII, Paul B Mahol a écrit :
> It is not mandatory(but it would be nice) to add other methods to have
> this filter included into libavfilter.

Is it really a good idea? We would end up with various interpolation /
anti-aliasing algorithms implemented in each filter that needs it, none of
them with the same set of architecture optimizations and each with its own
set of bugs and misfeatures.

Until someone comes up with a really satisfactory solution, I believe the
simple solution of suggesting users to upscale before the filter and
downscale after, using the optimized lswr scalers, is better.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George