[FFmpeg-devel] Invitation to VDD and registration

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Aug 16 05:16:09 CEST 2014

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 03:48:53AM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On 16 Aug, Michael Niedermayer wrote :
> > I had not intended to come to VDD and reading this
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/08/msg00478.html
> >
> > I definitively will not come to VDD, as it would just be wasted time,
>
> That's an easy excuse.

Is it ?

do you think me, the rest of the FFmpeg and Libav developers sitting
together and people accusing each other of theft and lies. Would lead
to improved relations ?

I do want to resolve this, and i think if for example libav developers
and ffmpeg developers would each say "shit happened, we all made
mistakes" thats a start from which i think projects could be reunited.
But from this, the best that one can get is some entertainment, the
worst is depression, tears and further alieanated developers.

Frequently ignored answer#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.