[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Bug bounties

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Thu Aug 28 02:27:15 CEST 2014

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:16:12 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I was thinking about if we should put an
> automatic 50 USD bounty on every bug thats open since more than
> 12 month on trac, and limited to the first 20 claims so its limited
> to 1000 USD max expenses for us (for now)

We could look into bountysource as the infrastructure/platform. It
might make it easier for users. They take a 10% cut upon withdrawl of
awarded funds. They also have a "fundraiser" feature, but I didn't
really read much about that.

I signed up the project a while ago just to take a look, and one of the
employees contacted me several times via IRC so see if I had any
questions or needed help, but my lazignorance ultimately prevailed and
I didn't really do anything with it.

Here's the project page:
<https://www.bountysource.com/trackers/458692-ffmpeg>

It automatically lists each bug report.

I have no experience using bountysource as a user or developer. Does
anyone have any experience with this?