[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Bug bounties

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Thu Aug 28 03:21:00 CEST 2014

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 23:47:59 +0200
Clément Bœsch <u at pkh.me> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 10:16:12PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I was thinking about if we should put an
> > automatic 50 USD bounty on every bug thats open since more than
> > 12 month on trac, and limited to the first 20 claims so its limited
> > to 1000 USD max expenses for us (for now)
> > (also limited to real unique bugs of course)

paying people for bugs sounds ok for me.
(how many bugfixes do you have saved up michael? :P)

> What about the votes instead of time?
>
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/report/11

i like this idea too. i know theres people who want more subtitle
support (embedded ass, pgs / sup (bluray subs).

just being able to copy h264 into mkv or ts like tsmuxer or mkvmerge is
what a lot of users want as well.
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1598

if either of you prefer, all devels could make a list of bugs that
devels want fixed. then we can combine those lists together, top 10
bugs get bounties? i dunno.

i'd prefer not to use another service that takes 10%. we're already
losing percentage to SPI...

-compn