[FFmpeg-devel] (no subject)

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Sun Dec 14 16:47:42 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm moving the AVPicture structure to lavu because it's necessary for moving
the AVSubtitle* structures. After the two patchs, the AVSubtitle are unchanged
and available in libavutil with new functions:

 • AVSubtitle *av_subtitle_alloc(void);
 • void av_subtitle_get_defaults(AVSubtitle *sub);
 • void av_subtitle_clear(AVSubtitle *sub);
 • void av_subtitle_free(AVSubtitle **sub);

I let you read the doxy but they're straightforward.

After this commit, we can consider adding fields more easily, and more
interesting, we start considering the integration within libavfilter.

We also need to actually use this new API (yeah i know...); typically I don't
even know how we want to deal with code such as the one in ffmpeg.c which is
stack/sizeof swapping AVSubtitles. We should probably introduce a
av_subtitle_copy() and/or av_subtitle_copy_props().